Sunday, February 21, 2016

Dialogues I-IV

I.
Don’t you, sometimes?
               Yes, indeed sometimes.
Roses are red,
Violets are violet…
               So is the sky.
Absolutely stunning.
                                    Mesmerizing.
God’s gift to the world.
                                    Beauty of science.
I’m hungry.
We should eat.
                                    But the…
Ahh yes, the…
                                    We should wait longer.
Yes we should.
                                    Should we wait then?
                                    Five minutes?
Three minutes.
                                    Four.

II.
I forgive you.
                                    Please don’t.
Why not?
                                    It is so cold in here.
It is colder outside.
The sun is outside.
                                    I can see the sun inside.
The light —
                                    Too bright.
I can’t see.
Help!
                                    No. Shadows in the way.
Move them then.
                                    I’ll try my best.
Thank you.
                                    That’s not a problem.
                                    We’re friends, right?
I forgive you.

III.
Hello.
                                    Hi.
I am you.
                                    So am I.
I am happy.
                                    I am sad.
There is silence.
                                    Shhhh….
I see red.
                                    It is an apple.
It is not an apple.
                                    It is blue.
Apple.
                                    Fruits of labor.
Reaping benefits.
                                    Sunrise to sunset.
I am tired.
                                    Good morning.
Good morning.
                                    Lovely moonrise.

IV.
Sing to me please.
                                    What would you like to hear?
Heal my poor soul.
My soul needs healing.
                                    Ok.
                                    It’s in A major.
Sing.
                                    [sings]
                                    .
                                    .
                                    .
My bones feel softer,
My muscles are not as tight.
                                    Is it better?
But my soul…
                                    You must sing to yourself then.
                                    I don’t think I shall be able to help.
Teach me a song.

Teach me how to heal a soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment